Automotive Technology for the Modern Dealer
AUTOGO is the premier technology disruptor hyper-focused on all things Automotive. Based in the heart Pittsburgh, PA’s downtown, AUTOGO delivers state of the art automotive dealer technologies. We lead the automotive technology sector with the only true scalable cloud powered platform. We deliver the most advanced products that integrate together to deliver a pristine online showroom, ready for our clients to sell cars. We are life-long learners, team players, and innovators. We’re not tied to any one rigid way of doing things, but we also never lose sight of core principles of design, development, and support. In other words: our skills are rock solid but ready to rock the boat at any time.
You value clean code, scalability, and reliability. You are not held to one language, design pattern, or framework, but instead you believe that a true developer always chooses the right tools for the job. You understand business value and are all about creating it. You value working on a team that thinks outside of the box. You love learning and experimenting with new technologies but would never forego the fundamentals.
The Senior PHP/JS Developer is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the AUTOGO Website Platform, specifically forward-facing features and functionality. The Senior PHP/JS Developer creates new features or refactors existing tools. In addition to completing assigned work, the Senior PHP/JS Developer must be a champion for best practices and continuous learning for his/her fellow teammates, providing guidance for, and training teammates with less experience.
This role requires expert knowledge of the AUTOGO Website Platform and associated architecture. The Senior PHP/JS Developer must be knowledgeable of available tools and resources and know where to implement custom solutions. Strong problem solving, organization, and documentation skills are key to success.
- 5+ years of development experience using a combination of PHP and JS.
- Strong command of HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP.
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Expertise in building and testing mobile-first web applications.
- Version control experience (Git/BitBucket).
- Experience building WordPress themes and plugins.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Bourbon, or Foundation.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex terms and ideas to stakeholders and coworkers.
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies.
- The ability to remain cool under pressure.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Laravel.
- Experience with SASS/SCSS.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Node JS.
- Experience with JS frameworks like React and/or Vue.
- You know what the phrase “clean code” means, and where it came from.
Responsibilities May Include
- Development work on our WordPress based Website Platform.
- Maintaining current WordPress plugins and building them to support new or existing platform features.
- Working with internal and external APIs to build dynamic services.
- Supporting development teams by providing knowledge and training resources.
- Contributing to or supporting internal tools utilized by the development teams.
- Working with our development team, systems team, and designers to fulfill support requests or bug reports from clients.
- Building custom functionality on client sites.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.